Excellence based in Tradition
Forge Resources Group provides premier closed-die forging solutions to the Railroad industry. With experience and growth since starting in 1988, the experience and flexibility of FRG continually grows to adapt to the ever-changing demands of the Railroad industry. The Railroad industry is constantly moving; the industry never stops. Neither do our forgings. From the smallest to the largest, every forging we provide is ready to be put to work exactly when and how you need it. Forgings are required to endure stress, wear and tear, and significant force during critical moments. The Railroad Industry is no stranger to those elements, demanding forgings to withstand all that and more; Forge Resources Group provides complete solutions, answering any questions one might have along the way.
Capabilities Designed for Excellence
Forge Resources Group operates from over 50 forging cells, allowing flexibility, speed, and precision for every forging. Our production members pride themselves on keeping a clean production facility, high-efficiency forging, and meeting deadlines with time to spare. Beyond forging, FRG has in-house departments that provide additional services to make a complete forging solution all under one roof. From shoulders, clips, eyebolts, brake shoes, and spider differentials, FRG can create any part needed for the Railroad Industry. From 1988 to today, our engineering team looks forward to working with you to forge the best solution possible.
Parts Forged for the Railroad Industry
Listed below are just some of the parts we are capable of forging. If you have a custom part you need, request a quote here and we will reach out to you!
- Bolt Locks – Secures deck planks on flatcars and boxcars to prevent them from vibrating loose.
- Brackets – Provides mounting and support for various applications.
- Connecting Rods – Connects a switch circuit controller to the point of the switch for position monitoring.
- Flanges – A flat rim, collar, or rib projecting from an object, serving to strengthen or attach to another component or to maintain position on a rail.
- Levers – A bar attached to a piece of machinery that pivots to transmit force.
- Pipe Anchors – Used to secure pipes to train cars so they do not move.
- Rail Clips – Used to fasten the rails to the underlying base plate together with the concrete sleeper.
- Shafts – An elongated, narrow part or section forming the handle of a tool or other implement.
- Spindles – Part of the suspension system that holds the hub for the wheel and attaches to both the upper and lower control arms.
Forge Resources Group believes the job is only half-finished when a client receives their parts. The job is truly finished when our client is satisfied, place their forgings into service/operation, and reports back that all is well. Until then, company representatives stand ready to answer questions, provide the necessary documentation, and if necessary make changes for the success of the client.
Why Go With FRG?
FRG knows closed-die forging like the back of our hand. We didn’t become a leading closed-die forging provider by cutting corners, we work hard for our clients and give the high-quality everyone expects. Through the expansion of our production facilities, our experience and capabilities have grown to match demands. Flexibility, reliability, and consistency are the bedrock that FRG stands on. The Railroad industry is constantly moving; the industry never stops. Neither do our forgings. From the smallest to the largest, every forging we provide is ready to be put to work exactly when and how you need it.