Forge Resources Group, a leader in custom short-run steel forgings, is searching for a Forge Shop Material Handler for our DeKalb, IL production facility.
Ask us about how to earn an additional $2.00 for every hour worked with an Attendance Reward.
Additional incentive pay is available.
- Load steel billets into the furnace
- Monitor billet heating process and regulate furnace temperature to assure an adequate supply of billets are always heated to the appropriate level
- Use tongs to handle billets going into and out of the furnace
- Remove heated billets from the furnace, de-scale if necessary, and place at press
- Notify Supervisor of any problems affecting production
- Operate trim presses with various tooling such as trimmers, punches, tong holds, etc.
- Maintain forging unit area in a neat and orderly manner
- Operate forklift equipment as necessary
- Set up and run stud welder
- Assist in performing all operations, including die change set-ups according to established procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires walking, standing, bending
- Requires regular lifting greater than 20 lbs., occasionally greater than 50 lbs.
Forge Resources Group is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, physical and detailed background check. The Drug Screen includes screening for all drugs that are illegal under federal law, regardless of state or local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour