Forge Resources Group is a leader in closed-die, near-net metal forgings and fabricated assemblies serving diverse industries including aerospace, mining/drilling, railroad, shipbuilding, off-road/ag, and other heavy equipment manufacturers.
We are looking for a Die Maintenance Technician at our Freeport, IL facility.
- Set up and operate common toolroom machinery
- Fabricate tool components per blueprint specifications
- TIG weld tooling components
- Assemble and prepare tool die sets to meet production needs
- Troubleshoot and solve tooling problems on the factory floor
- Perform minor reworks of defects (welding or grinding)
- Grind/polish dies to prepare for production
- Assigns part numbers and heat codes to dies
- Move finished dies from die prep area to staging racks using a forklift truck
- Operate CNC machining equipment
- Maintain neat and orderly die room work cells
- 1-3 years of heavy industry experience
- Experience in toolmaking & repair for metal forming equipment
- TIG Welding
- Blueprint reading
- Use of measuring tools including dial calipers and micrometers
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
Forge Resources Group is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, physical and detailed background check. The Drug Screen includes screening for all drugs that are illegal under federal law, regardless of state or local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday