Forge Resources Group is a leader in closed-die, near-net metal forgings and fabricated assemblies serving diverse industries including aerospace, mining/drilling, railroad, shipbuilding, off-road/ag, and other heavy equipment manufacturers.
We are looking for a Quality Technician at our Rock Falls, IL facility.
- Performs dock audits and prepares quality certifications and other documentation for outgoing products
- Creates and issues hot inspection documentation during in-process audits
- Verifies and monitors services provided by outside quality process vendors
- Reviews quality data to initiate, coordinate and participate in Continuous Improvement Activities
- Manages work instruction documentation review, application, distribution, and control
- Issue Quality Alerts to Forge and Post Forge
- Create documentation relative to the PPAP process
- Control all measuring equipment and monitor equipment’s calibration and performance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using basic metrology measurement and calibration equipment, including calipers
- Minimum of three years of experience in reading and interpreting blueprints
- Knowledge of the PPAP process and direct experience in creating documents associated with PPAP processes
- Experience in managing customer relationships, responding to customer inquiries, and initiating corrective action to resolve customer concerns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Associates Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Continuous Standing Frequent unassisted lifting of up to 50 pounds
Forge Resources Group is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, physical and detailed background check. The Drug Screen includes screening for all drugs that are illegal under federal law, regardless of state or local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $21.50 per hour