Industrial Maintenance Technician – Lansing, MI
The Industrial Maintenance Technician inspects, troubleshoots, and conducts repairs and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment.
We are looking for someone with proven mechanical experience who wants to learn new skills and work with heavy equipment while on the job.
- Required experience in heavy manufacturing or equivalent military training and experience
- Prefer experience performing preventive maintenance on industrial equipment
- Required familiarization of electrical applications up to 480 volts. Willing to train.
- Strong mechanical abilities and knowledge of hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic concrete, basic electrical, welding, and/or plumbing
- Experience working with hydraulics
- Welding experience
- Experience working with steel
- Experience with safety programs including Lockout/Tagout
- Schematics and technical drawings, layouts, blueprint reading
- Forklift experience required
- Willingness to work overtime
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational or technical training is preferred.
- Requires walking, standing, climbing, crawling, and bending.
- Requires working in cramped workspaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires regular lifting greater than 20 lbs., occasionally greater than 50 lbs.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
Forge Resources Group is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, physical and detailed background check. The Drug Screen includes screening for all drugs that are illegal under federal law, regardless of state or local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location