Industrial Maintenance Technician – Dekalb
The Industrial Maintenance Technician inspects, troubleshoots, and conducts repairs and preventative maintenance on industrial equipment.
We are looking for someone with mechanical experience who wants to learn new skills and work with heavy equipment while on the job.
- Prefer experience in heavy manufacturing or equivalent military training and experience
- Prefer experience performing preventive maintenance on industrial equipment
- Prefer knowledge of electrical applications up to 480 volts. Willing to train.
- Strong mechanical abilities and knowledge of hand tools
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic concrete, basic electrical, welding, and/or plumbing
- Experience working with hydraulics is a plus
- Welding experience a plus
- Experience working with steel a plus
- Experience with safety programs including lockout/tagout
- Schematics and technical drawings, layouts, blueprint reading
- Forklift experience required
- Willingness to work overtime
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Vocational or technical training preferred.
- Requires walking, standing, climbing, crawling, bending.
- Requires working in cramped workspaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires regular lifting greater than 20 lbs., occasionally greater than 50 lbs.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- HSA – Health Savings Account
- 401(k) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability
Forge Resources Group is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, physical and detailed background check. The Drug Screen includes screening for all drugs that are illegal under federal law, regardless of state or local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.50 – $25.50 per hour