Forge Resources Group, a leader in custom short-run steel forgings, is searching for a Forge Press Worker for our Lansing, MI production facility.
Ask us about how to earn an additional $2.00 for every hour worked with an Attendance Reward.
Additional incentive pay is available.
- Ability to read measuring equipment
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Operation of forge press
- Operation of trim press
- Loading and unloading of steel into hoppers or onto rail by hand
- Rotate forge/trim/hopper throughout the day
- Move tubs of steel billets and/or parts using a forklift
- Complete tags for tubs of parts per MO/router
- Dump scrap tubs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Continuous Standing
- Continuous tolerance of excessive heat including close proximity to a furnace
- Continuous unassisted lifting of hot billets with tongs, up to 50 pounds
- Frequent grasping and gripping with tongs using both hands
- Frequent leg and foot movements to depress foot controls
- Frequent pushing / pulling / twisting / turning with upper body while holding parts
- Occasional unassisted lifting over 75 pounds
Forge Resources Group is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Candidates for the Forge Press Worker position must pass a pre-employment Drug Screen, physical and detailed background check. The Drug Screen includes screening for all drugs that are illegal under federal law, regardless of state or local ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shift